23.07.14

Our plans have changed rather abruptly.
We had some very sad news yesterday. Marcus’s Dad died after having been very poorly for a few weeks.

Having checked out French Guyana and Suriname for a safe place to leave the boat and affordable flights, we have decided that the best option is to head for Trinidad and get the boat lifted out in a secure yard, so that at least Marcus can fly home for the funeral. I will join him, if finances allow.
The winds are quite strong around this top edge of Brazil, but look as though we may get lighter winds as we move up past the equator again.

I don’t expect to be able to update the blog fully until we reach Trinidad, but may be able to use the SSB radio to update with positions…….if we can locate a strong signal!

You must be logged in to leave a reply.